Pages

Monday, June 28, 2021

Star wars Legion, commission wip photos part 2

 Part 2 of the Star wars Legion set of models, currently sitting on the paint table. 

I love how this operative Vader turned out. He was such a pleasure to paint. 










The starter set Vader, nothing special, I've already made close to 10 of these, for others. My 2 I'll probably trade away, as I don't find this model too interesting. 








The special storm trooper figures. They were a nice change of pace, after dozens after dozens of same  storm troopers. I especially like the leader mini. Such a cool looking pose.
 





























The walls are fine, but I liked what I made for a previous customer more. Those had battle damage and blaster marks, with some more weathering.







Father and son, my favorite two minis out of the whole set

Operative Luke figure, I like this one a lot more than the starter set Luke. FFG really made an effort with his face.






Starter set Luke, never liked the mini. Unfortunately for this guy, the customer overdid it with glossy black primer. Also I feel like this mini looks better in khaki, but was told to give both Lukes an almost black uniform.

















Boba Fett. The customer superglued his exhaust flames to the base, instead of the jet pack. 
















The scout bikers. Not my favorite in the game, but no Imperial army is complete without at least a pair. Like with Boba, a shame the customer primed the flight stands black. 




















The chicken walker. Shame it was glued in such a static pose. The size of the base and the model itself, when assembled in a dynamic pose, and some tree trunks or large rocks make for a great center piece for the Imperial army. 



















There are still 2 units of storm troopers and 2 units of scout troopers on the painting table. I expect those to be done during this or next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment